Countdown to the 20th Anniversary Event
What: 20th Anniversary “Sweetness and Laughter” and “See the Light” Awards Gala
When: Saturday, March 10, 2018, starting at noon
Where: Kravis Center, West Palm Beach, Florida
- Featuring the ILLUSIONISTSTM – Live from BroadwayTM:
- Sumptuous Reception catered by the Breakers and culminating with a private Dessert Reception in the Exclusive Founders Room
- Exciting updates on the progress made with Research, Testing, and Education programs.
- We will pay tribute to our “See the Light” Honorees over the years.
- We will hear more inspiring stories of children and families.
- We will also celebrate the MFRF Partnership as the Affiliate of National Tay-Sachs and Allied Diseases.
What: Genetic Testing and Education Fair
When: Dates in 2018 will be announced shortly
Where: Palm Beach County, Additional location to be announced
Why: Do you KNOW what’s in your genes?! Over 200 diseases will be tested for; last year there was a 50% detection rate. (Don’t like blood tests? Test uses saliva!)
What: South Florida Genetic Testing and Education Fair
When: Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Where: Health and Wellness Fair at Nova Southeastern University – Florida
Why: Do you KNOW what’s in your genes?! We are proud to partner with Nova Southeastern University and JScreen to host a Genetic Screening event on Wednesday, October 25th from 10am to 2pm in Broward. Spread the word!!! #genetictesting
First 50 people to pre-register (with insurance) receive FREE screening. After that, screening is subsidized to $149 with insurance (usually an $1100 test).
Over 200 diseases will be tested for; last year there was a 50% detection rate. (Don’t like blood tests? Test uses saliva!)